How to hide a RAR file in a JPEG image!

Just came across this gem of an article, perfect for anyone wanting to hide some 'personal' material ;)

The following are step by step instructions on how to store and hide a RAR file in a JPEG image:

1. Place your RAR file and a JPEG file into the same directory, say, C:\stuff.
2. Open a Command prompt window. (Start > Run > cmd).
3. Navigate to the directory your RAR file is in, in this case, you would type cd c:\stuff
4. Type in the following command: copy /b input.jpg + input.rar ouput.jpg

Input.jpg is the image that you want displayed, input.rar is the file you want hidden, and output.jpg will be the name of the image file produced.
Done! When someone double-clicks the jpg, it will show as a normal image, but if you open it with winrar or a similar program, the RAR file will be displayed!

The below image is one I created. Simply save it to your computer, and open it with your image editing program first, then open it with a RAR program (Winrar etc) to see the magic!









Source: http://www.fiddyp.co.uk/how-to-hide-a-rar-in-a-jpeg-file/

As always, credit goes to the original author of this article.

3 comments:

Alex said...

When I was programmer I developed other tools and one of them was for recover corrupted rar files,I thought my tool was the best in this sphere,but after that appeared better-fixing rar files,because it is free as far as I know and tool has many facilities,it can as well permits to analyze and unpack damaged files with rar extension,compatible with Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows XP SP2,fixing rar files will not always be able to extract all files of rar format, your archive may be seriously corrupted, when fixing corrupted rar files tutorial.

Anonymous said...

Some days ago I had problems with many other viruses.And after that my important rar files was damaged unfortunately.But in one internet portal I saw-corrupted rar.This tool helped me very good and it was free as far as I know.Besides that utility compatible with Windows XP, Windows XP SP2, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows 98 and Windows Vista.

Alexis said...

Usually I work with rar files with help WinRAR.But some my rar files were damaged.And fortunately I found on a forum-fix rar archives.It is free as far as I know.Besides that program helped me very easy and it can too provides good chances for successful recovery even from seriously damaged RAR files.